Megan began writing for The Mirror, the student newspaper of Augustana College in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Since then, Megan has published poetry, essays, songs, theology, was a finalist for the Lambda Literary Award and is a contributing blogger for the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America's Living Lutheran.
Publications and Productions:
- Editor 2016,The INTRAfaith Conversation: How Do Christians Talk Among Ourselves About INTERFAITH Matters?: Susan M. Strouse, 2016
- Author, The Good News Childrens Books Series: 13 progressive faithful children's books (see below). 2016
- The Ethical Case for Undercounding Trans Individuals, Transgender Studies Quarterly, 2:1, February 2015.
- Recognizing Jesus, Gather Magazine, April 2015.
- Contributor and Co-editor (with Daniel Tisdel) Bible Stories: Reimagining Between the Lines, Wilgefortis, 2014.
- Contributor and Editor,Holy Night: Prayers and Meditations for People of the Night, Wilgefortis, 2014.
- With a Day Like Yours, Couldn't You Use a Little Grace (Vol. 2) May-August, Wilgefortis, 2014.
- A Giving Season, Café (September 2012).
- What Kind of Giver Are You? Café (December 2013).
- Extreme Welcome, Café (September 2012).
- Faith Reflections: Welcome, Café (September 2012).
- Advocacy: Faith Meets Action, Café (June 2012).
- Photo Essay, Everyday Drag: The Aesthetics of Gender and the Pressure to Perform, Briarpatch Magazine, (May/June 2011).
- Co-editor (with Joey Plaster), designer and contributor, Vanguard Revisited Magazine (February 2011). [Exhibited in the 2011 National Queer Arts Festival, Queer it Yourself: Tools for Survival]
- The exhibit Man-i-fest: FTM Mentorship in San Francisco from 1976 - 2009, was on display at the GLBT Historical Society from April - September and is online at Out History, where it won the Since Stonewall Local Histories Competition (2010).
- Co-editor (with Zander Keig), Letters For My Brothers: Transitional Wisdom in Retrospect, Wilgefortis, 2010. [Lambda Literary Award Finalist for Transgender Nonfiction]
- Queerly Lutheran, Wilgefortis, 2009.
- "Queer Soteriology" Stand Boldly: Lutheran Theology Meets the Postmodern World, Three Trees Press, 2009.
- "Life, Death and Resurrection," Simul: Lutheran Voices in Poetry," Xulon Press, 2007
- Megan's "Ordination Song" is on the CD: Out of the Extraordinary: Benefit Album for Extraordinary Lutheran Ministries that Megan produced with Amalia Vagts (2007).
Wilgefortis: Megan is the founder of Wilgefortis, which donates a portion of its proceeds to charity. Wilgefortis is primarily concerned with queer, disability and poverty issues. Many of our publications are theological (primarily Lutheran), but we are also interested in fiction, nonfiction, poetry, children’s books and other creative ways to talk about our focus areas.
Faithful Coloring Books
The Good News Childrens Book Series are books for diverse families and reconciling faith communities. Each book reminds children that no matter what they do, say, wear or love, that God will love them. With diverse themes and beautiful pictures, these books are a project of Grace Lutheran Church in San Francisco.
eBooks are exclusively available through Amazon, while print books will be available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and for discounted purchase from Grace Lutheran.