- Trans March Facing Controversy for Asking Participants Not to Speak To or Thank Cops, SFist, June 23, 2017.
- SF Supervisors Honor LGBTs, Bay Area Reporter, June 22, 2017.
- Pride 2017 Changemakers: Transgender Pastor and Police Chaplain Helps Others, Bay Area Reporter, June 22, 2017.
- Remembering Pulse Victims, Bay Area Reporter, June 15, 2017.
- SF Castro Remembers Orlando Shooting Victims On One Year Anniversary, The San Francisco Examiner, June 13, 2017.
- San Francisco Remembers the Pulse Nightclub Massacre, KTVU, June 13, 2017.
- Grace Cathedral Hosts and Eclectic, Musical 'Elegy for Ghost Ship', KQED, February 21, 2017.
- Concert Planned for Ghost Ship Victims, Bay Area Reporter, February 16, 2017.
- Megan Rohrer to be SFPD's First Transgender Chaplain, San Francisco News, January 24, 2017.
- SF Transgender Advocates Talk Trump, Presidency, Bathroom Bills and the Challenges Ahead, Hoodline, January 20, 2017.
- Rohrer Becomes SFPD's First Trans Chaplain, Bay Area Reporter, January 18, 2017.
- Castro Vigil Honors Trans Victims of Ghost Ship Fire in Oakland, Hoodline, December 6, 2016.
- Vigil in SF Mourns Transgender Victims of Oakland Fire, San Francisco Chronicle, December 6, 2016.
- Vigils in Oakland, SF Honor Victims of Warehouse Fire, NBC Bay Area, December 5, 2016.
- Mourners Honor Warehouse Fire Victims, Bay City News, December 5, 2016.
- Hundreds Gather at Vigils for Ghost Ship Fire Victims, December 5, 2016.
- Trump Election Raises Housing, Homeless Concerns, Bay Area Reporter, December 1, 2016.
- HandUp's Innovative Technology is Revolutionizing How Donors Connect with Those in Need, November 1, 2016.
- Transgender Pastor Preaches to the Choir with Love, San Francisco Chronicle, October 10, 2016.
- Celebrating Compton's 50th: Vanguard Revisited with Rev. Megan Rohrer, Beyond Chron, September 6, 2016.
- Tenderloin, GLBT Museums Host Events for 50th Anniversary of Comptons Cafeteria Riot, Hoodline, July 25, 2016.
- You Have Your Own Dancing to Do': A Farewell to the Castro's Orlando Memorial, Hoodline, June 30, 2016.
- Thousands Rally for Orlando Massacre Vigil in the Castro, San Francisco Bay Times, June 23, 2016.
- About Town, West Hawaii Today, June 22, 2016.
- 「沒人能奪我們閃耀的愛」 2千人街頭悼佛州死者, Apple Daily, June 16, 2016. (see original article with a video of the rally here)
- As San Francisco Mourns Orlando, Trump Pulls Clinton His Way, Mondoweiss, June 14, 2016.
- San Francisco Stands With Orlando, South Florida Gay News, June 13, 2016.
- 'We Must Remember Orlando': Thousands Attend Vigil for Massacre Victims, March to City Hall, Hoodline, June 13,2016.
- Faith-Based Meetup Distributes PB&Js To Castro's Hungry, Hoodline, May 20, 2016.
- First-Ever LGBTQ Religious Children's Books Now Available, Impact Magazine, May 16, 2016.
- 911 Call Suggest Meagan Taylor Was Arrested at Iowa Hotel for Being Trans, The Advocate, December 9, 2015.
- Saluting 37 Soldiers for Change, San Francisco Magazine (December Women in Power Issue), November 19, 2015.
- Transgender woman jailed for eight days sues Iowa hotel, The Gaurdian, November 10, 2015.
- Opera Superstar Frederica von Stade to Sing Street Requiem in Support of Homeless Choir, SF Bay Times, 8/25/2015.
- Who Are America's Transgender Clergy, Christian Post, July 28, 2015.
- Meagan Taylor, One Iowa, July 26, 2015.
- Black Trans Woman Meagan Taylor Released from Iowa Jail, The Advocate, July 22, 2015.
- Transmissions: This is Not Justice, Bay Area Reporter, July22, 2015.
- Woman Arrested in Iowa After She is Reported Simply for Being Trans, Gay Star News, July 22, 2015.
- Jail Inmate Helps Iowa's Transgender Learning Curve, Des Moines Register, July 22, 2015.
- Travel is Tricky for Transgender Population, Des Moines Register, July 21, 2015.
- Why This San Francisco Pastor is Raising Money for a Trans Woman of Color Jailed in Iowa, Mic, July 22, 2015.
- Movement Grows to Free Woman Arrested for "Walking While Trans," Refinery29, July 21, 2015.
- Trans Woman Says She Was Profiled, Wrongfully Arrested, Boston Edge, July 21, 2015.
- Transgender Inmates Makes Bail, Awaits Extradition, Des Moines Register, July 21, 2015.
- This Woman is Stuck in An Iowa Jail Simply Because She is Transgender, Think Progress, July 21, 2015.
- Heroines in Sci-Fi and Fantasy, The Friskey, July 20, 2015
- Black Trans Woman 'Profiled as Sex Worker Gains Online Following, But May Remain Jailed, July 20, 2015.
- LGBT Community Rallies to #FreeMeaganTaylor, a trans woman arrested in Iowa, The Daily Dot, July 20, 2015.
- Minister Raises $2,000 Bail for Black Woman 'Arrested While Trans,' The Advocate, July 20, 2015.
- Group Raises Money for Transgender Inmate, Des Moines Register, July 18, 2015.
- Meet the First Trans Pastor Officially Ordained by the Evangelical Lutheran Church, The Advocate, July 6, 2015.
- The Inspiring Faith Journey of Nicole Garcia, A Transgender Latina and Future Minister, The Huffington Post, July 5, 2015.
- Transgender Pastor Knows Ruling Brings Sadness, Argus Leader, June 26, 2015
- South Dakotans on Gay Marriage Ruling: Joy, Disappointment, Argus Leader, June 26, 2015
- Mixed Reaction to Jenner Interview, Bay Area Reporter, April 30, 2015.
- This Year's Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Who's Who, The Advocate, April 1, 2015.
- Vision Event to Benefit Kona's Homeless, West Hawaii Today, March 19, 2015.
- Pastor Megan Rohrer: A Shepherd Finds the Perfect Flock, KALW 91.7, September 10, 2014.
- He or she? How about “they”?, South Florida Gay News, August 1, 2014.
- Castro Lions' Bountiful Gifts, Bay Area Reporter, July 24, 2014
- Shining a Light on Unsung Heroes, Bay Area Reporter, June 26, 2014.
- Should the Trans Community Stop Using the "T-Word" or Reclaim It, South Florida Gay News, June 16, 2014.
- National Day of Silence: LGBT Kids Say "No" to Bullying, SF Weekly, April 11, 2014.
- Darlene Audus Helps Granddaughter with Ministry Experience in Hawaii, Clark County Courier, April 9, 2014.
- Pastor Megan Rohrer: Trans Pastor Reaches Out to All, South Florida Gay News, April 3, 2014.
- Seeing a Better Way Vision Screening Helps Out Kona's Homeless, West Hawaii Today, March 30, 2014.
- Vision Event to Benefit Kona's Homeless, West Hawaii Today, March 27, 2014.
- Pastor Megan Rohrer Makes History, PQ Monthly (Seatle), March 14, 2014.
- Lutherans Install First Trans Pastor, Bay Area Reporter, February 27, 2014.
- Dalai Lama Honors Lutheran Church's First Trans Pastor, HRC Blog, February 24, 2014.
- Trans Woman to Pastor Lutheran Church, Bay Area Reporter, February 20, 2014.
- For Gay Community, Finding Acceptance is Even More Difficult on the Streets, NY Times, December 2, 2013
- Bay Area Food Banks Need Help Ahead of Holiday, San Francisco Chronicle, November 20, 2013.
- New Food Program Helps People With HIV, Bay Area Reporter, October 10, 2013.
- Connect Event Draws Crowd, Bay Area Reporter, October 10, 2013.
- Beyond Transition: Documentaries Capture Rich, Complex Transgender Lives, Huffington Post, October 8, 2013.
- Former Polk Sex Worker Mourned, The Bay Area Reporter, September 5, 2013.
- What Transgender People Teach Us About God, and Our Humanity,The Washington Post, August 19, 2013.
- Outsources Radio - a GLBTQ show on KGNU Radio Boulder/Denver 88.5 FM and 1390 AM, July 29, 2013.
- The First San Francisco Weddings After The Fall of Proposition 8, Buzz Feed, June 28, 2013.
- Obama Applauds Supreme Courts DOMA and Prop 8 Rulings, The Gaurdian (UK), June 26, 2013.
- Did the Hayes Valley Farm Occupation Help or Hurt the Cause of Liberating Urban Space? San Francisco Bay Gaurdian, June 24, 2013.
- Starving Out Needing is No Way to Deal With Homelessness, San Francisco Examiner, February 25, 2013.
- Duboce Neighbors think St. Francis Lutheran Church Meal Program is Feeding Homeless Problem, San Francisco Examiner, February 24, 2013.
- Increase in Homelessness Upsets Duboce Merchants, San Francisco Examiner, January 30, 2013.
- Christmas Show, Outsources Radio - a GLBTQ show on KGNU Radio Boulder/Denver 88.5 FM and 1390 AM, December 24, 2012.
- Confabs to Spotlight Trans Leaders, Bay Area Reporter, October 25, 2012
- Don't Vote Against My Family, Megan Rohrer, Rochester Post Bulletin, September 14, 2012.
- March Honors 46th Anniversary of Compton's Cafeteria Riots: Nearly Five Decades Later, San Franciscans Look Back at Major Turning Point in Trans Liberation, Diane Anderson-Minshall,
The Advocate, August 23, 2012.
- LGBTQ Author Aims to Inspire, Daily Aztec, May 7, 2012
- Queer Voices, 90.1 KPFT-Houston, April 23,2012.
- Shepherding a Homeless Flock: Trans Minister Headlines Unity Banquet, Out Smart Magazine, April 2012.
- 24th Annual Lambda Literary Award Finalists Announced, Entertainment Weekly, March 20, 2012.
- With Open Arms, Documentary, March, 2012.
- The 20th annual Transgender Unity Banquet Scheduled for April 28, 2011, Out Smart Magazine, February 24, 2012.
- The Pleasures and Perils of LGBTQ History, Windy City Times, January 18, 2012.
- Sunday Magazine with Liz Saint John, Alice 97.3, September, 18, 2011.
- Butch in the Clergy, Butch Wonders, September 4, 2011.
- 'Encampment' Brings Attention to Homeless LGBT Youth, Bay Area Reporter, May 19, 2011.
- Urban Farming About to Sprout in the City, NBC Bay Area, March 29, 2011.
- San Francisco urban farms closer to legitimacy, SF Examiner, March 28, 2011.
- Making History: "Vanguard Revisited" Has a Conversation with the Past, Indie Stories Blog, March 20, 2011.
- RIC Sunday with the Metro Portland Chapter, LCNA Blog, February 9, 2011.
- Queer Youth Revive 1960s Magazine, Bay Area Reporter, February 3, 2011.
- ELCA Launches LivingLutheran.Com for Sharing Stories and Conversation, ELCA News Service, January 27, 2011. (republished by Business Wire on Feb 9, 2011).
- Get to Know SF Community Gardens with SF Refresh, SF Weekly, January 19, 2011.
- At Free Farm in S.F., All Veggies are Given Away, Sacramento Bee, January 16, 2011.
- Urban Free Farming, McGuire Real Estate Blog, Dec 8, 2010
- LGBT Pastor Received, Bay Area Reporter, July 29, 2010.
- Lutheran Church Reinstates Gay Pastors, Ms. Magazine, July 28, 2010.
- Gay and Transgender Lutheran Pastors Reinstated, The San Francisco Chronicle, July 26, 2010.
- Lutherans Offer Warm Welcome to Gay Pastors, The New York Times, July 26, 2010.
- Lutherans Welcome Reinstated Gay Pastors, The Advocate, July 26, 2010.
- Chron 4 News, July 25, 2010.
- This story ran in more than 317 papers across the country. Gay Lutheran Pastors to Join Church Roster, AP, July 24, 2010.
- Embracing the Church: Transgender Minister to be Received as ELCA Pastor, Jill Callison, July 22, 2010.
- Lutherans Receive LGBT Pastors, Bay Area Reporter, July 22, 2010.
- Mission Local, Feeding the Mission in the Western Edition, July 9, 2010.
- Polk Street Stories, by Joey Plaster with Jay Allison, Hearing Voices, NPR, June 21, 2010.
- Two Dismissed Pastors, Others Welcomed to ELCA Clergy Roster,
ELCA News Service, May 25, 2010
- Food Runners and Urban Gardens,
Bay Area Bites, KQED Blog, April 25, 2010
- Free Farm San Francisco
Tonic, March 23, 2010
- Free Farm Plants Seeds of Community, Generosity,
San Francisco Chronicle, March 22, 2010
- Getting homeless people off the street and into the church,
Presbyterians Today Magazine, December 2009
- Being Gay in the ELCA Post-Assembly,
Pretty Good Lutherans, Nov. 14, 2009
- Hungry to Make a Difference,
Presbyterian News Service, Aug. 26, 2009
- Lutheran Group Eases Limits on Gay Clergy,
NY Times, Aug. 21, 2009
- Oral Histories Tell Polk Street Stories,
San Francisco Chronicle, Aug. 8, 2009
- Prop 8 Verdict Protest Media Coverage (May 27, 2009):
- The Rise and Fall of a Polk Street Hustler,
SF Bay Guardian, Mar. 18, 2009
- Openly Transgender Minister Ordained,
Bay Area Reporter, Jan. 1, 2009
- Lutherans Debate Gay Clergy Rules,
Long Beach Press-Telegram, Aug 11, 2008
- 'A Vessel of God's Love' Grace Evangelical Lutheran is a Perfect Fit for New Minister,
Houston Chronicle, Aug 29, 2008
- History Project Aims for a Snapshot of Polk Street,
Bay Area Reporter, Apr 3, 2008
- Redeeming Homeless, Letter to the Editor, Megan Rohrer, November 5, 2006
- Homeless 'Mascots' Find Niche in Tony Neighborhoods, San Francisco Chronicle, Dec 3, 2003.
Michael Carreiro carries a cross at the beginning of the Tenderloin Stations of the Cross procession on Good Friday. Chronicle photo by John Storey. See the short story: Good Friday Procession in the Tenderloin, San Francisco Chronicle, April 19, 2003.