Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New Living Lutheran Post: The Effect of Many Hands

I’ve eaten with close to a half a million people and, regardless of who they are or how often they eat with me, they all receive the same welcome.

Jordan was doing God’s work with his hands even when he was sitting on the other side of the feeding line. But after finding housing and becomihttp://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3873812505020383744#editor/target=post;postID=3959331453062178011ng the council president of St. Paulus Lutheran Church in San Francisco, Jordan revived the churches meal program for homeless individuals who are HIV positive, led efforts to partner with Project Homeless Connect to provide free prescription eye glasses for individuals in need and has transitioned from a regular guest at dinner to a meal host and a member of my board of directors.

I’m not telling you Jordan’s story to suggest that he is better than anyone else I’ve fed over the years. I’m telling you so that you’ll know that the work we do with our hands sometimes makes it possible for others to do God’s work with their hands.

Read the rest on Living Lutheran.

No comments:

Post a Comment